CANADIAN ETHNIC MEDIA ASSOCIATION 45th AWARDS FOR JOURNALISTIC EXCELLENCE 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CEMA 45th ANNUAL AWARDS COMPETITION
Each year the Canadian Ethnic Media Association presents juried awards to media professionals for excellence in their fields. The competition is open to all journalists, in any language, whether or not they are members of the Association.
SEIRHEY KHMARA ZINIAK AWARD
The Sierhey Khmara Ziniak Award, in honour of the founder, goes to a single person based on a body of work celebrating Canada’s diversity.
CEMA 2023 AWARDS COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS
In keeping with its highly anticipated annual practice of recognizing journalistic excellence among its national members, and beyond, CEMA proudly invites submissions for this year’s competition. This year you have two options for entering submissions: you can enter manually or electronically. Details below.
Entries may be made in the following categories:
PODCAST (News and Features)
These are juried awards, and decisions will be based on quality of material, reflection on diversity in Canada, contribution to ethnic media standards, and voice for marginalized communities.
Submit four (4) copies of your entry, as well as a translation, if necessary. An administration fee of $10.00 per submission applies.
*Please note: You have to complete and send with your entry before SEPTEMBER 10, 2023.
MAIL TO: CEMA Awards 2023
c/o 24 Tarlton Road
Toronto, ON M5P 2M4
Tel: (416) 488-0048
To cover handling costs, please enclose a cheque or money order for $10.00 for each entry, payable to Canadian Ethnic Media Association (CEMA).
Please click HERE to be directed to the on line submissions portal for your entry.
CEMA AWARDS FOR JOURNALISTIC EXCELLENCE 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Awards will be presented to winning entrants in Print, Radio, Television, Documentary, Video Series, Community Engagement, Podcast (News & Feature), Community Engagement, Podcast, On-Line Articles and Innovation.
- Competition is open to all legitimate news and information media published or broadcast in Canada.
- Content of the work submitted should clearly relate to and reflect Canada’s multicultural diversity and/or ethnocultural communities in Canada.
- All work must be original, and listings of coming events or other like information submitted by others will not be accepted.
- A contestant may submit his/her own entry or be nominated by a third party.
- Entries must have been published or broadcast between the dates of September 1, 2022, and August 31, 2023. Date of publication or broadcast must be clearly marked on the submission.
- Entries can be in any language, but all entries in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation. A direct translation is preferred, but at minimum, a brief synopsis is required.
- If submitting manually, entries must contain four (4) copies of each piece of work submitted. That is to say, four (4) copies of any article, audio or video recording or printout from a website published or broadcast within the qualifying dates.
PLEASE NOTE: You may enter more than one submission in each category. However, single submissions cannot be entered and repeated in more than one category.
Entries will be independently juried and awards will be made on the basis of excellence and Canadian content. Awards are not given to an entire program or publication, however excellent it may be, but to a person for an individual submission or a series as defined in the categories on page
3. The exception to this is the Innovation Award, which can be awarded to an organization.
4. Rights: By entering the Awards, you, as the entrant and/or nominee give CEMA the right to publish, screen or play excerpts from the winning entries.
5. Entry Fee: A cheque or money order for $10.00 must accompany each entry. Make cheques payable to “Canadian Ethnic Media Association” (CEMA).
6. Deadline: Submissions must be received no later than Sunday, September 10, 2023.
7. The winning entries will be announced at a later date, to be announced.
For more information, please contact email: [email protected]
Canadian Ethnic Media Association © Copyright. All rights reserved.