At a recent Toronto Seniors’ Forum members addressed five priority areas.
They included the following:
• Housing and accommodation and long-term care
• Financial resources and access to services
• Health, environment and culturally sensitive services
• Safety, security and legal protection
• Senior participation and leadership and advocacy
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council (CEC) participated in the summit, which was held in collaboration with the City of Toronto and the Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat.
The Toronto Seniors’ Forum, which meets monthly, was established in 2004 “to ensure that Toronto meets its commitment to providing equitable services to all seniors living or visiting Toronto.”
It also “gives a voice to seniors not often heard.”
The mission statement says: “The Toronto Seniors’ Forum facilitates the civic engagement of senior residents in Toronto, works to ensure that municipal services are provided equitably to all seniors in Toronto, and advocates on behalf of senior residents.”
For more information call: 416-392-8630.