TORONTO – The Canadian Ethnocultural Council (CEC), in collaboration with the Canadian Ethnic Media Association (CEMA) will be holding a Dinner Gala and Award Event – “Together in Canada – Ensemble au Canada” – on Saturday, June 24, 2017, in celebration of diversity and multiculturalism in Canada, in this the historical sesquicentennial year.
Canadian multiculturalism is a cornerstone of our Canadian heritage and identity. Canada is a country woven from many people, many cultures, and each contributing their thread, their cultural values, to strengthening our sense of purpose and our unity in our diversity.
Sharing this common bond of diversity and multiculturalism, the CEC and CEMA invite all to come together in our diversity, bridge our cross-cultural ties, and thereby continue to strengthen this great country of ours – Canada – for the betterment of all.
The Dinner Gala & Award Event will leave you mesmerized with the exquisite multicultural menu, and performances by the following:
• Liberty Silver — the multiple Juno Award-Winning and Grammy Award-Winning Recording artist;
• Eddy Bullen — pianist, songwriter, arranger and producer — with son Quincy Bullen, also a pianist;
• Malakai Zane Daybutch — POW WOW Dance;
• Kim Wheatley– First Nations blessing;
• Brook Pastuck — singing the Canadian National Anthem;
• Vlad Tomlin, — international flutist;
• Anton Azanov and Kristina Kulikovt — international world champion ballroom dancers.
At this one-of-a kind event the CEC will launch its CEC Award for Multiculturalism, which will be bestowed upon four outstanding Canadians for their significant contributions to the preservation, promotion and advancement of multiculturalism in Canada.
This year’s remarkable recipients are: the late Senator Paul Yueyk — the Father of Multiculturalism; Madeline Ziniak; Dr. Joseph Wong; and, Stefan Luczkiw Youth, who will receive the Youth Award.
The event is being held at the Riviera Events & Convention Centre, 2800 Highway No. 7 West, in the City of Vaughan.
The reception starts at 6:00 p.m. and dinner is at 7:00 p.m.
For information and Tickets contact the following:
President of CEC
Executive Director of CEC